Rutherford Investment Management
A U.S. based investment manager with strong ties and community involvement. We specialize in individual stock selection for separately managed accounts. Each client’s portfolio is individually designed in accordance with their investment objectives and risk tolerance. We service a broad range of clients, such as individuals, pension funds, profit sharing plans, corporations, and foundations.
Rutherford Investment Management is a multi-capitalization growth stock manager, but the firm does offer balanced accounts for those clients seeking diversification in domestic and international fixed income securities and international equities. Portfolios are continually monitored for compliance with client goals and investment objectives.
- Hands-on, customized portfolio management to meet your goals
- Portfolios managed by William Rutherford, former Treasurer of the State of Oregon
- Diversified approach reduces your exposure to risk and volatility
- Superior level of personal service and client communication
- Taxable accounts monitored closely for overall tax implications
- Discount broker minimizes trading expenses
Bill Rutherford is a graduate of Harvard Law School and the University of Oregon. Bill served as Treasurer of the State of Oregon, chair of the Oregon Investment Council (with responsibility for investing $14 Billion at a time when Oregon was generally regarded as the best public investment fund in the nation), a four-term member of the Oregon House of Representatives, and Co-Chair of the Council of Institutional Investors.
He has served as President, CEO and Board member of two investment companies with offices in New York City, London, Paris, Tokyo and Frankfurt. He has been a board member of a number of international and domestic companies. Bill was instrumental in the restructuring of Metallgesellschaft, an international trading, oil, and gas company, and Europe’s 10th largest company.
Daily Journal of Commerce Articles
- December 2019 – OP-ED; Is Market Volatility Seasonal, or a Result of Trade War Whiplash?
- October 2019 – OP-ED: Continuing To Climb A Wall Of Worry
- September 2019 – Trade Tensions Continue to Jolt Market; Expect No Respite
- August 2019 – Federal Reserve Buys Insurance; Market Drops Anyway
- July 2019 – Stocks Forge New Highs; Tariff Wars Cause Volatility
- May 2019 – Quo Vadis? Worries Mount as Stock Market Gyrates
- April 2019 – S&P 500 Off To Its Best Start Since 1998
- March 2019 – Playing Ketchup
- February 2019 – The U.S. Government Shutdown: “Play It Again, Sam?”
- January 2019 – How the Glitch Stole Christmas: A Two-Act drama
- December 2018 – Blinkers or Bonkers? Policy Mistakes Plague Markets
Please contact us for a free and confidential investment evaluation: email@example.com
William Rutherford is available to speak to your company, group or association.