A U.S. based investment manager with strong ties and community involvement. We specialize in individual stock selection for separately managed accounts. Each client’s portfolio is individually designed in accordance with their investment objectives and risk tolerance. We service a broad range of clients, such as individuals, pension funds, profit sharing plans, corporations, and foundations.
Rutherford Investment Management is a multi-capitalization growth stock manager, but the firm does offer balanced accounts for those clients seeking diversification in domestic and international fixed income securities and international equities. Portfolios are continually monitored for compliance with client goals and investment objectives.
- Hands-on, customized portfolio management to meet your goals
- Portfolios managed by William Rutherford, former Treasurer of the State of Oregon
- Diversified approach reduces your exposure to risk and volatility
- Superior level of personal service and client communication
- Taxable accounts monitored closely for overall tax implications
- Discount broker minimizes trading expenses
Bill Rutherford is a graduate of Harvard Law School and the University of Oregon. Bill served as Treasurer of the State of Oregon, chair of the Oregon Investment Council with responsibility for investing $14 Billion, a four-term member of the Oregon House of Representatives, and Co-Chair of the Council of Institutional Investors.
He has served as President, CEO and Board member of two investment companies with offices in New York City, London, Paris, Tokyo and Frankfurt. He has been a board member of a number of international and domestic companies. Bill was instrumental in the restructuring of Metallgesellschaft, an international trading, oil, and gas company, and Europe’s 10th largest company.